Farm Stock’s vision of the future is to create a major force in the marketplace capable of representing the interests of producers of all classes of sheep and cattle. In terms of deadweight marketing this can only be achieved through a position of strength arising from sufficient volume to negotiate with abattoirs and ultimately retail outlets. A countrywide network of both buyers and sellers ensures access to a wide variety of store and breeding stock outlets at minimum marketing costs.
The Farm Stock philosophy of creating strength and adding value through co-operation hinges on support from as many livestock producers as possible but recognises that this can only be achieved by a strong, competitive and attractive commercial package. The current producer package includes:
- Full Fieldsman Services from a highly experienced team who are kept up to date on prices and demand on a daily basis and who are able to advise on the best outlet for different classes of stock on the day they are marketed.
- Fieldsmen will draw stock where required and provide advice on finishing stock to meet market demand.
- Access to a wide range of UK abattoirs for prime, conventional and organic sheep and cattle.
- Advice on marketing calendars and access to niche markets for specialist classes of livestock.
- All types of store and breeding stock traded direct from farm to farm.
- A highly competitive commission rate of 2.125% which compares very favorably with rates of up to 4% charged by other routes to the market. This very low commission rate is made even more competitive by Farm Stock’s capped rates of £1.50 per sheep and £20 per cattle beast which typically result in average commission rates for both sheep and cattle below 2%.
- Payments by BACS direct into a nominated bank account within 7 days of kill.
- 100% guaranteed payment for all stock marketed through credit insurance. A charge of £0.15 per lamb and £1.50 per cattle beast is levied for this guarantee.
- Completely transparent abattoir returns and self-billing sales invoices showing all weights and grades, abattoir deductions, haulage and marketing charges.
- Farm Stock operates its own colour coded Lamb Grid devised to give producers as much feedback about their grades as possible.
- Regular single farm reports summarising all weights, returns, grades and outlets benchmarked against Farm Stock averages, providing a complete and comprehensive record of all stock traded and a useful management tool to compare individual farm performance against other producers.
What We Do
Farm Stock (Scotland) Ltd aims to maximise returns to prime stock producers though economy of scale, negotiation power through volume and by matching stock with abattoir demand. Furthermore with it’s nationwide coverage Farm Stock can match the requirements of both buyers and sellers of store and breeding stock.
The co-operatives overall objective is to work on behalf of livestock producers maximising returns and minimising marketing costs.